vision, mission & values
At Connections, our efforts are focused on achieving this goal:
"People with intellectual disabilities and their families are valued and reach their potential."
We exist to empower, strengthen, and support:
- Parents with intellectual disabilities;
- Children who have a family member with a disability; and
- Families and caregivers
by providing long term programs, counselling, and education.
The Connections’ team fulfills the agency's mission in keeping with these values:
- Ethical practice;
- Opportunities for belonging, fun, and friendship;
- Commitment to the organization’s vision, mission, and values;
- Respect for and acceptance of individual clients and their families;
- Honesty, integrity, and trust;
- ostering a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment; and
- Empowering and strengthening families (independence / interdependence) through learning.